Why network marketing & direct sales aren't so bad --- Not to be confused with... poor unauthentic intentions of outreach and nurturing.
1. Using network marketing as a marketing tactic VS. Business Model (This ISN'T what makes it messy)
2. High-level difference of marketing vs. sales process. How they work together but how they ARE different
3. Where it DOES get messy - regardless of business model, industry, product/service (I've ran a marketing department of a multi-million dollar division to my own solo-preneur business to small business campaigns and mid-level agencies) --- These are fundamentals across all platforms
Action Steps to Minimize the Messiness:
1. Know WHO You're Talking To - BEYOND their first name and who they are in relation to your business
2. Identify Ideal Connections & How They Identify Themselves: "All moms, or any woman who has skin, or business owners" IS a target, but the more you can segment your IDEAL connection the more clear your messaging can be and can see how your products/services ALIGN with theirs.
PS: NOT all connections are prospective clients and treating them as such is not only missing out on revenue but opportunities to leverage new networks
3. BE AUTHENTIC WITH YOUR INTENTION Do I need to say it louder?! I'm not saying what everyone else is saying "Be You", show your authentic self - blah blah blah.
I mean be true to the intention of your connection - regardless if it's a sales or marketing conversation or *gasp* a conversation just for the sake of connecting THIS is what people see right through!
Human to human connection is important and that's a whole other post - however misusing a sales conversation or marketing conversation is not only confusing but where things get messy.
There is a time and place for all these conversations but first identifying who it is you're talking to and with staying true to the intention of your conversation is what makes it genuine.
Don't miss out on these Networking Webinars with Ashley O of Ashley Assists, LLC and Sara Rosenberg of The PowerMatch Online Mastermind Group in 2020 --- How to effectively leverage your network in your business: http://bit.ly/NetworkingWebinar2020