At its core, events are another way to target an audience and enhance client acquisition. It is one of the most direct and personable ways to connect with them. However, executing an event marketing campaign is not necessarily a simple task.
This month's topic for #MNE819 will dive into how to optimize the Six Foundations to execute an effective event campaign. We will highlight two takeaways from each of our eight resources every Friday. Follow & Subscribe on your favorite social media platforms: (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, Pinterest)!
Let's get started..
1. Map out how to measure and optimize event marketing campaigns before, during, and after the event process through the six foundations.
2. By establishing the goals of the event campaign, you’ll be able to better manage and communicate your objectives without unnecessary overwhelm.
3. Delivering the right content to the right audience, through the right channels, at the right time to achieve your core marketing objectives is vital.
I. Methods 'n Education: Strategy
9 Steps Before Executing an Event Campaign - Michelle Nicole McNabb
4. Follow "9 Steps Before Executing an Event Campaign" to create event marketing strategy framework to help optimize your event.
5. Identifying the broken bridges of your 6 Foundations, which is strategy, logistics, outreach, nurture, sales and metrics will help optimize event results.
II. Weekly theme resource
7 Marketing Strategy Tips - Orly Zeewy
6. There are 3 things that are getting in the way of scaling: Figuring out "who you are", "who your ideal customer is", and "how to speak in one unified voice"
7. It's important to determine your, 1. Key value proposition 2. Elevator pitch (and when and when NOT to pitch) 3. One core value, to understand the "why" in your business.
III. Masterminds 'n Events:
Always Go Big Podcast - Troy Ritchie
8. Have the right mindset "Just do it, Just do it now, Do it while you can" - Michelle Nicole McNabb
9. Get your vision board figured out, consistency is more important over frequency. Instead of only asking "What should I do?" focus on... "How should I do it?"
IV. Weekly theme resource: Logistics
MasterClass 'n' Execution Program Sneak Peak Resources - Michelle Nicole McNabb
10. Make sure to identify the 6 W's of Event Worthiness before committing to participating.
11. Events are one of the most effective ways to connect and impact your audience. Convert events from a marketing expense into a profitable investment to maximize event results.
V. Mindset 'n’ Entrepreneurship
Networking Marketing in Business and Events - Michelle Nicole McNabb
12. There is a high-level difference in marketing vs. sales process. Understand how they work together but how they are different - this is called.
13. Identify ideal connections & how they identify themselves. Be true to the intention of your connection - regardless if it's a sales or marketing conversation or a conversation just for the sake of connecting.
VI. Weekly theme resource
Ashley Owens & Ashley Assists
14. Networking plays a significant role in a business' success but it needs time, it needs to be reevaluated and reviewed regularly. Keeping track of your network is vital but you have to know why you are networking.
15. Hone your speaking skills, connecting to people is also about confidence in public speaking. This period of time has opened opportunity to connect with international audiences virtually.
VII. Metrics 'n Events
Define Event Goals and Objectives that Create a Customized Marketing Campaign - Michelle Nicole McNabb
16. Map out what you want out of the event, define your specific goals and steps you logistically need to take to achieve those goals.
17. Build a marketing strategy using your objectives, goals and specific ways you'll track as your framework. List out what logistically needs to happen and who execute it to achieve those specific goals.
VIII. Weekly theme resource
Marketing ‘n’ Events Resource Library - Michelle Nicole McNabb
18. Determine which tactics align with your objectives then craft a plan on how they can be delivered, executed and integrated together.
19. There are different ways and types of event marketing. Promotion of the event encompasses various inbound and outbound marketing techniques.
Did you find the strategies listed in this article helpful? Let us hear your thoughts in the comment section below.