Sponsors and Exhibitors are critical source for funding events. They sponsor and exhibits events in order to get more brand exposure to get in front of potential customers. However companies and brands don't just sponsor any events. They have criteria as to decide whether your event is a great match to help achieve their business goals.
For this month MNE819, Emenee Marketing 'n' Events will cover critical points and views on what sponsorship and exhibitors actually want and expect from Event organizer. As usual, two resources from Industry experts will be shared every Friday on all our social media pages so make sure to follow along and stay tuned (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, Pinterest)!
Let's get started with this month's eight resources and takeaways.
1. Sponsorships are seen as top area of opportunity as they add value to customers. Showing measurable and advantageous end result entices further engagement.
2. Determining your target audience help realize yours and your sponsor's/exhibitor's goal.
3. Create useful content and provide value that speaks to your sponsors and exhibitors.
I. Methods 'n Education:
Attracting and Obtaining Event Sponsors - Michelle Nicole McNabb
4. Identify your audience and map out all opportunities your event has to offer. This would help you obtain and know who your would be event sponsors are.
5. Events are the sponsor's point of customer contact, creating campaigns that attracts mutual audience helps realize end to end goals.
II. Weekly theme resource
10 Tactics, 3 Strategies to Draw Visitors, Sponsors - Marketing Sherpa
6. In marketing virtual events different tactics and strategies are vital parts. Its time and cost effectiveness is a great way to attract attendees.
7. Holding virtual-like events reach consumers who wouldn’t go to in-person events. Doing partnerships, building right connections and social media management is crucial.
III. Masterminds 'n Events:
Effective Event Sponsorship and Trade Show Exhibitor Marketing - Michelle Nicole McNabb
8. Six foundation process where "You first prioritize so that you could optimize" - Michelle Nicole McNabb
9. You'll have to find the "right connections" to get the "right deals". Meaningful connections optimizes the time you have to people you are connecting with.
IV. Weekly theme resource
The Five Components of a Winning Sponsorship Proposal - The Sponsorship Collective
10. Proposals have to be short and precise. Proper understanding on the prospects motivations is a must.
11.Sponshorship is a form of marketing. Provide data to prove that you could deliver.
V. Mindset 'n’ Entrepreneurship
Why Event Gamification is Not What You Think it is - The Bizzabo Blog
12. Gamification is a creative way of achieving event goals when used and executed properly with the right motivation in mind.
13. Use gamification as an additional tool alongside other tactics with the right approach which can assist in making the event better.
VI. Weekly theme resource
Case Study: How to Convert Hybrid & Virtual Events into Effective Business Opportunities - Michelle Nicole McNabb | Take the Survey
14. 24% of B2B marketing budget were invested into live events, yet today 60% of them have pivoted on virtual events. Nowadays hybrid event solution is expected to play a key role in 2020 and 2021 events strategies.
15. What would make virtual events worth investing money to? Would this actually give what sponsors and exhibitors want?
VII. Metrics 'n Events
DIFFERENT WAYS TO MONETIZE LIVE EVENTS, VIRTUAL EVENTS - ViewStub
16. Monetize live events, virtual events, livestreams, or online content through: Upfront ticket sale, Sponsorship/Partnership, Vendors/Booths, Upsell, Merch and Swag, Affiliate Sales, PPV/Play Access and Donations
17. To optimize opportunities during virtual events take into consideration the following options to create an extra sale
VIII. Weekly theme resource
9 Tips on How to Help Event Exhibitors and Sponsors Help You - Michelle Nicole McNabb
18. Use this 9 tips as guide to make it easier for event Exhibitors and sponsors to optimize event results.
19. Make sure to create a positive impact to your event exhibitors and speakers as they can be your loudest influencers (positive or negative).
As an event sponsors or exhibitors, what other criteria are you looking for to decide whether to invest in an event or not? Share your thoughts in the comments.