Hybrid events are not new to the event industry, but they are in higher demand than ever due to the pandemic. The B2B industry is no exception. In a 2019 survey, 95% of B2B sector reported that they prefer live events. In 2020, for better or for worse, these preferences went out the window. The industry rapidly shifted as event teams learned (and are still learning) how to make the most of online event platforms and tailor content to a virtual audience. As we slowly make our way back to the in-person events we all love so much, it is more important than ever before to create and implement hybrid event strategies.
This month for #MNE819, Emenee Marketing 'n' Events will tackle how professionals in the B2B space can leverage hybrid events. As always, we have gathered 8 resources from a variety of industry experts. Stay tuned for more and be sure to connect with us on social media so you don't miss any resources this month (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, Pinterest)!
Let's get started with this month's resources and takeaways!
1. Knowing how to utilize hybrid events is more important than ever before (across EVERY industry).
2. Due to the use of various technology, hybrid events provide an enhanced opportunity for data collection and analysis.
3. Hybrid events are newly popular, so they are unique and gives attendees an uncommon experience.
I. Methods 'n Education:
5 Steps to Optimize Event Follow Up Conversations - Michelle Nicole McNabb
4. Use different social media platforms to impact and access your audience.
5. Strengthen relationships by identifying the audience beyond their first names and job titles.
II. Weekly theme resource
B2B Event Lead Generation - How to Make Conferences Work For You - Cience
6. Find the right people to present your company to that align with why you're there and how you can serve them and continue the conversation with intention.
7. Conduct an omni-channel outreach campaign prior to the event, offering to meet (e.g. for a cup of coffee, at the booth, or pre-determined interaction point).
III. Masterminds 'n Events:
Event and Procurement - Working Together for Success - Corporate Event News
8. Provide information to the procurement team in advance. Communication is vital to building and maintaining meaningful relationships.
9. Event and procurement teams should work together to best complete the strategic sourcing process.
IV. Weekly theme resource
Sponsorship Strategies to Optimize Sales - Marketing, Media & Money
10. Understand who your ideal client is and what they need to get the best ROI.
11. Break down your target audience and identify the segments they belong to by asking about their goals, how you can help them, and how they identify themselves.
V. Mindset 'n’ Entrepreneurship
Five Steps to an Effective Re-engagement Campaign - Michelle Nicole McNabb
12. Have strategic partners that can serve value and re-engage with them to maximize an optimize your existing connections.
13. Be clear with your intention and make sure that the intention aligns with your messaging per segment.
VI. Weekly theme resource
How to get more ROI out of B2B Events - Markletic
14. In any B2B demand generation strategy, there should be a healthy mix of digital demand generation and lead generation through events.
15. To reach growth targets, it is important to maximize ROI from every marketing activity, including platforms like trade shows.
VII. Metrics 'n Events
Event Stakeholder Ecosystem - Michelle Nicole McNabb
16. Unleash the potential of revenue driven events and help companies and organizations optimize and monetize events.
17. Fill in the gaps in the event industry by using them as opportunities to increase event ROI.
VIII. Weekly theme resource
Event Next 2021 - Viewstub
18. Use software platforms like Viewstub for any type or size of event.
19. Have event platforms that enable events to provide continuous education and engagement to their attendees.
Did you find this article helpful? Let us hear your thoughts in the comment section below!